June 1, 2013
Endres Manufacturing Company Foundation - May 2012 Grant Announcement:
The EMC Foundation met on May 13 to review grant applications. We are proud to announce that we have awarded a total of $40,000 to 13 different non-profit organizations including:
- St. John’s School 4K Program- $500 for a farm table that will facilitate student awareness of agriculture.
- RSVP of Dane County - $1000 for materials to make handmade items for Dane County residents in need.
- Dimensions in Sound - $500 for at least 22 concerts at senior living establishments throughout Dane County.
- The River Food Pantry - $2,500 to help fund food procurement for their food pantry service. They provide free food to 600 Dane County families each week.
- City of Middleton - $2,500 to provide a pier and fishing opportunities for the youth and disabled at Lakeview Park.
- Rape Crisis Center - $1,500 to support ten presentations reaching about 250 school aged youth, designed to reduce the risk of sexual victimization and promote healthy development.
- Salvation Army of Dane County - $2000 to support Dane County’s only homeless shelter that accommodates single, childless women.
- Waunakee Area EMS - $4500 to purchase a Rad57 Pulse CO-Oximeter which can monitor a patient’s oxygen and carbon monoxide levels.
- Lussier Community Education Center - $2500 for its LEAP 2 College which is a college access and readiness program. It provides academic enrichment resources to “at risk” students.
- Second Harvest Foodbank of Southern Wisconsin - $2500 in support of their FoodShare (food stamp) Outreach Program.
- REACH-a-Child - $2500 to help re-stock all of the Dane County Sheriff’s Department’s squads and deputy vehicles with children’s books to give children in crisis situations.
- Madison Children’s Museum - $5000 for their new Lasers! exhibit.
- UW Foundation – Fiscal Agent for American Family Children’s Hospital - $12,500 – this is a two year pledge that we are making to expand from a 61 bed to a 87 bed hospital with a surgical NICU to ensure the care for every child that needs the Children’s Hospital.
These are in addition to our annual pledges, totaling $35,000 to the following organizations:
- Henry Vilas Zoo- $9000
- Big Brothers Big Sisters - $1000
- Madison College - $5000
- Waunakee High School - $5000
- Dane Arts -$15,000
Thank you to those who have passed along information about the Foundation to your friends and family. We have received numerous grant requests because of your recommendations for them to apply! Please continue to spread the word. We won’t be taking grant application in November as we usually do (this will give us some time to make changes to the website so organizations can apply directly online), but we will be taking grant requests again next May. Anyone can contribute to the foundation and 100% of the funds are given back to the community so if you are looking for charitable causes to donate to, please consider the EMC Foundation
Back to Endres in the News