May 20, 2009
Endres Manufacturing Company Foundation has awarded a total of $21,532 to nine different agencies this period including:
· Chippewa Valley Technical College - $500 to fund a scholarship for their Civil Engineering-Structural program.
· Project Linus - $500 for handmade blankets for children who are hospitalized, traumatized, or in frightening situations.
· Wisconsin Business World - $2000 for scholarships for 7 Waunakee students to attend Business World.
· Respite Center - $1000 for 24-hour emergency/crisis/respite child care and parent support.
· Junior Achievement of Wisconsin, Dane County - $3000 for high school programs in DeForest, Sun Prairie, and Waunakee.
· Waunakee Fire District - $4032 for safety & firefighting equipment.
· St. John the Baptist Catholic School - $4000 for classroom Smart Boards and projectors.
· Waunakee Area EMS - $4500 for a Rad57 Pulse meter
· Middleton Outreach Ministry - $2000 to support 3 programs – the food pantry, direct assistance (rent subsidy, etc.), and the school backpack program.
The Foundation also donated again to the Dane County Cultural Affairs Commission, and of the $15,000 that the EMC Foundation gifted, a portion of the contribution was awarded to the following organizations:
- Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra
- Madison Symphony Orchestra
- Bach Dancing & Dynamite Society
- Wisconsin Youth Symphony Orchestras
- Madison Opera
- Madison Youth Choirs
And, as always, if you know of any non-profit organizations who you think the Foundation could help, please let us know and pass on the word to those non-profits. We will meet again in November to review more grant applications. Anyone can contribute to the foundation and 100% of the funds are given back to the community.
Back to Endres in the News