December 1, 2012
Endres Manufacturing Company Foundation - November 2012 Grant Announcement:
The EMC Foundation met on November 15 to review grant applications. We have awarded a total of $30,000 to 15 different non-profit organizations including:
- $200 to Waunakee MOPS for creative activity and hospitality expenses.
- $800 to Crossroads United Methodist Church for the Madrigal Theater Christmas Dinner for the Waunakee community, which specifically welcomes people who are struggling financially or who are searching for joy and meaning in the season.
- $1000 to Food for Kids- Waunakee Feed the Need which was used to purchase ingredients for packaging meals at their annual event which assembled complete, self-contained meals to be distributed to those in need.
- $1500 to Dane County CASA to provide special training to volunteers for children five years and younger who are under the authority of the Dane County courts due to situations of abuse and neglect.
- $1000 to Very Special Arts Wisconsin which will conduct an artist residency for 80 adults with disabilities and carry out the annual Call for Art program and exhibition.
- $2000 to the Waunakee Ecumenical Board to provide Waunakee residents in need with contents for a true Thanksgiving meal as well as provide emergency financial assistance for community residents.
- $1000 to Tri4Schools for scholarships to those who cannot afford to participate in the Tri4Schools programs and producing materials in Spanish.
- $2500 to Children’s Dyslexia Center to support their free tutoring program serving Dane County children with dyslexia, regardless of their ability to pay.
- $1500 to Simpson Street Free Press to support young student writers in the process of planning and writing the Wisconsin Museum Series.
- $2000 to Common Wealth Development to support their youth-business mentoring program which provides employment and financial education, job placement, and mentoring to disadvantaged teens.
- $2000 to DAIS (Domestic Abuse Intervention Services) for its outreach and education program, which helps improve safety for domestic violence survivors and their children.
- $2000 to Community Connections Free Clinic to upgrade the Pharmacy and Prescription Assistance Program, to make them more cost-effective and less labor intensive, and to serve more patients.
- $2500 to Center for Families to support the respite center, which is Dane County’s only 24 hour crisis center for children whose families are in stress.
- $5000 matching grant to Waunakee Public Library for the Beyond the Page Endowment, which is part of Dane County’s new endowment to provide humanities programming.
- $5000 to Waunakee High School to provide scholarships for future graduates who will be continuing their education. This will be part of an endowment that the foundation is establishing for Waunakee High School students.
As always, if you know of any non-profit organizations who you think the Foundation could help, please let us know and pass on the word to those non-profits. We will meet again in May to review more grant applications. As you think about your year-end donations, consider the EMC Foundation and know that 100% of the funds are given back to the community!
Back to Endres in the News