December 1, 2010
The Endres Manufacturing Company Foundation has awarded a total of $27,500 to eleven different non-profit organizations including:
- $1,000 to Autism Society of Greater Madison for informational programs for parents of children newly diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder.
- $1,000 to Project Linus to purchase fleece for their 2nd annual Make a Blanket Day in Waunakee, which provides blankets to children who are hospitalized, traumatized or in frightening situations.
- $1,000 to the Waunakee Ecumenical Board which will provide Waunakee residents in need with contents for a Thanksgiving meal and emergency financial assistance for community residents.
- $2000 to Very Special Arts to support 75 students and adults with disabilities as they create a mural for the Jenni and Kyle Preserve shelter in Madison.
- Waunakee FFA – once they have reached their monetary goal, we will provide the last $2500 to build their new greenhouse.
- $1,500 to Children’s Theater of Madison which will allow CTM to deliver “Young Playwrights” program to Waunakee High School for the first time.
- $1,000 to Wisconsin Council of the Blind and Visually Impaired for program support to help keep people who are blind and visually impaired develop work skills for independence and higher qualities of life.
- $2,500 to Combat Blindness Foundation to provide free eye care to the uninsured in South Central Wisconsin through monthly community eye care clinics.
- $2,500 to Domestic Abuse Intervention Services to cover unfunded client costs of the organization such as tools for non-English speaking clients calling the crisis line, transportation costs for clients, lock changes, medical costs, emergency food, and more direct aid.
- $2,500 to REACH a Child, Inc. for their back packets program which equips first responders and social workers with books to help positively engage children in crisis situations.
- $10,000 to Monroe Clinic and Hospital for prevention of homelessness and emergency supportive responses now and in the future.
The Endres Manufacturing Company Foundation has also donated again to the Dane County Cultural Affairs Commission, and of the $15,000 that the EMC Foundation gifted, a portion of the contribution was awarded to the following organizations:
- American Players Theatre
- Wisconsin Union Theater
- Wisconsin Youth Symphony Orchestras
- Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra
- Madison Youth Choirs
- Madison Museum of Contemporary Art
If you know of any non-profit organizations who you think the Foundation could help, please let us know and pass on the word to those non-profits. We are here to help better the community! The Foundation reviews and awards grants twice per year, in May and in November. Grant applications can be found at www.endresmfg.com by following the foundation link. Anyone can contribute to the foundation and 100% of the funds are given back to the community.
Back to Endres in the News