December 1, 2009
The Endres Manufacturing Company Foundation met in November to look over grant requests, and the Foundation has awarded a total of $22,500 to fourteen different agencies including:
- The Madison Brass Band, Waunakee to support a musician with his Eagle Scout project ($500).
- Waunakee Ecumenical Board for holiday meals and financial assistance for those residents in need in Waunakee ($1000).
- OccuPaws Guide Dogs for educational outreach, demonstrations, and programs for the visually impaired ($500).
- Waunakee Community Band to support a project to pair a Wisconsin composer to a talented Waunakee high school composer and WCB member ($1,000).
- YWCA for their “Third Street” programs, which helps families overcome the challenges of poverty, homelessness and abuse ($1000).
- Our Lady of Hope Clinic for medical supplies used in their free outpatient medical care clinic ($1,500).
- Waunakee Public Library to support their “Forever Fund”, which will be used for innovative programs which surpass the library’s normal budget ($3,000).
- Solutions, Inc. to provide support for their House of Jordan, which is a structured living arrangement for those struggling with drugs, alcohol, addictions, abuse and parole or prison release ($1,000).
- Independent Living, Inc. for homeless prevention and rent subsidies for those with low income ($1,000).
- Common Wealth Development to support their youth-business mentoring program ($2,500).
- Combat Blindness Foundation which provides free community eye care clinics in South Central Wisconsin ($2,000).
- Second Harvest Foodbank to support their FoodShare (food stamp) Outreach Program ($2,000).
- With Wings and a Halo REACH a Child program which equips the vehicles of law enforcement, first responders and social workers with books and other items to help reduce distress of children in crisis situations ($2,500).
- Hope House to provide temporary housing for young single women with an infant or toddler who are at risk of homelessness to enter the Hope House Program ($3,000).
The Endres Manufacturing Company Foundation has also donated again to the Dane County Cultural Affairs Commission, and of the $15,000 that the EMC Foundation gifted, a portion of the contribution was awarded to the following organizations:
- Madison Museum of Contemporary Art
- James Watrous Gallery
- Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra
- Madison Opera
If you know of any non-profit organizations who you think the Foundation could help, please let us know and pass on the word to those non-profits. We are here to help better the community! The Foundation reviews and awards grants twice per year, in May and in November. Grant applications can be found at www.endresmfg.com by following the foundation link. Anyone can contribute to the foundation and 100% of the funds are given back to the community.
Back to Endres in the News