EMC Foundation Awards 10 Grants
The EMC Foundation met on November 17 to review grant applications. We are proud to announce that we have awarded a total of $41,400 to 10 different non-profit organizations including:
- Tri4Schools – $2000 for scholarship assistance, equipment, and transportation to support their after-school program, Exercise to Achievement.
- Salvation Army of Dane County – $2500 to support their women’s only shelter. In addition to shelter and case management, women are provided meals, shower and laundry facilities and skill-building workshops.
- Waunakee Recreation – $3000 to purchase sets of skis, boots, bindings and poles in order to offer cross country skiing clinics and instructional programs for all ages.
- Literacy Network – $3600 to support adult English classes
- Village of Waunakee – $4800 for 12 outdoor historical interpretive displays throughout the Main Street corridor. The display themes will touch on topics including agricultural heritage, industrial history, military involvement, geography / environment, railroad impact, small business growth, and more.
- Madison Festivals – $5000 to go towards the 2015 Rhythm & Booms- an accessible Independence Day show for all.
- Family Service Madison – $5000 to support their Wisconsin Integrated Services for Elders (WISE-Star) program. This is a new focus for Family Service Madison providing assessment and treatment service for elders and their loved ones.
- Badger Childhood Cancer Network – $5000 to help fund the financial assistance program focused on rent/mortgage help for families in need who have a child with cancer or a blood disorder.
- Benedictine Life Foundation of Wisconsin – $5000 to help buy a used truck to transport volunteers and tools for prairie restoration
- Heritage Elementary – $5500 for their summer reading program where students receive individualized bag of books and rewards, in an effort to prevent declining reading ability over the summer.
And, as always, if you know of any non-profit organizations who you think the Foundation could help, please let us know and pass on the word to those non-profits. We will meet again in May to review more grant applications. As the holidays come upon us, keep in mind that anyone can contribute to the foundation and 100% of the funds are given back to the community so if you are looking for charitable causes to donate to, please consider the EMC Foundation!